Monday, December 22, 2008

It turns!

The lathe is up and running but I am having a bit of trouble with the chuck, it is running out. I think i may have (very stupidly due to inexperience) put the camlock pins in incorrectly. I plan on working on it today and checking. The outside of the chuck itself was running out .001 but with a large drill bit (don't have anything that's ground round besides that) in the jaws the drill bit was running out .020. We'll see.

Other than that the rotary converter was easy to install on the same outlet I run my generator and 220V TIG on. It needed some hydraulic fluid which I was surprised to find that Northern Tool sells the kind I wanted. (ISO-32 Light Hydraulic) Surprisingly I can find ISO-32 hydraulic fluid but no major store in Orlando sells center drills.

No comments: